Friday, January 29, 2010

Why NOSNOW?

I (Andrea) chose "nosnow patrol" as the blog name because it is our last name upside down and backwards.



This will be a place where those who love our Mom can come for updates, to leave comments, and to keep in touch.



We, meaning the 5 children, are very grateful to friends and family who have expressed love and concern for our dear Mother. We know she is loved by so many people and she loves all of you in return.



Mom gets worn out quite easily these days, and we ask that you please call her before visiting. I'd rather not post our personal phone numbers on a public blog, so if you need any of that information, feel free to email me at nosnowpatrol@yahoo.com.



Many of you have asked for book recommendations from Mother, and I will be posting lists of books in categories on the sidebar. She is a lover of good books and learning, and has quite the library at home of books she's collected and has used in teaching in the classroom. We hope these lists will be beneficial. (So far only a few WWII books are listed, but I'll work on it with Mom)



Again, thank you for all your prayers, love, and support to our Mom and to our entire family at this time.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for setting this up. We often think of Aunt Jeanette and wonder how she is. I am very excited for the book list!! We will be constantly checking the blog to see how she's doing and if there is ANYTHING at all we can do. We love you guys!!
    The Jay Harveys

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and a fantastic picture of Jeanette. We will be up at the beginning of April and would love to see you then. We will give you a call. In the meantime, we send our prayers and love to you!
    Maxfield fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of a beautiful lady in every way... Thank you for posting this blog to keep us updated, know that we love and support you all. Gary and I had such a wonderful visit with her last weekend, I'll cherish that time with her always, she's such a wonderful person and has taught us so much. We love you all, know that your in our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for setting this blog up so we can be informed about one of my most favorite ladies. I think about her every single day! I pray that she will be comfortable and will know how much she is loved by all. I cherish all the memories and times we enjoyed together. She is beautiful, gracious, classy, talented and a very intellegent woman. She has touched so many lives in so many ways. I wish I could be there to visit her. Our love and prayers go to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We may be way up here in Sammamish, WA, but we are still thinking of and praying for you, Jeanette, and all of you dear caregivers as well. If you ever want to find out the latest from Elder Joel Monson in Belem, Brazil, please go to his website where we have always posted Joel's latest emails and pictures. www.missionsite.net/elderjoelmonson His latest adventure has been eating "boi" or ox, to be exact, ox tongue, ox stomach, and ox liver. More adventures will follow soon, as he is being transferred today or tomorrow. His last companion just became the AP. They both sing, and had started their lessons with a hymn! Isn't that wonderful? Lead Kindly Light, to be specific. Jeanette, I bet you have an ipod or mp3 player; and I hope you have the hymns on it so you can listen to them. They always calm me and that's pretty much what I listen to these days. Please know that we continue to think of and pray for you, and that we are coming to SLC on Mar. 4 for Emily Koster's endowment and will stay until Mar. 8. We hope to see you then...with love & hugs, Lee and Julie

    ReplyDelete